In football, their are several reasons that may make a player change their nationality. One of the reasons maybe to get enough playing time. These are the 5 footballers who changed their nationality.
1. Declan Rice
– The central defensive midfielder played for Republic of Ireland football national team util 2018. In 2019 he shifted to England national team.
2. Jack Grealish
– He played for Republic of Ireland under 21 national team before changing his nationality to England. He started playing as a winger for England national team in 2020. Since then he has made 19 appearances in which he has scored 1 goal.
3. Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang
– He was born in France. He played for France Under 21 team until 2009. In 2009 he changed his nationality to Gabon.
4. Wilfred Zaha
– He played for England national team from 2013 to 2014. In 2017 he started playing for Ivory Coast national team.
5. Diego Costa
– He is a Brazilian citizen by birth. In 2013 he played 2 matches for Brazil before changing his nationality to Spain in 2014.