Oge Okoye had earned many awards in her career. Oge is popularly known for the film “Spanner” (2002), “Blood Sister” (2003), “War Game” (2006), “Blackberry Babes” (2010), “The Snake Girl (2006)” and more.
Oge Okoye is a famous Nollywood actress, model, producer, television personality, entrepreneur and a philanthropist. She is very beautiful, gifted, skillful, creative and talented. She knows how to interpret her roles very well and can fit in any character given to her by movie directors and producers in Nigeria. She was born on 16th November 1980 in London, United Kingdom to Nigerian parents of Igbo descent and later relocated back to Lagos, Nigeria with her family after completing her former education. She is currently 41 years.
Oge Okoye is currently a native of Nnewi, a small town in Anambra State in the south eastern part of Nigeria. Her father’s name is Mazi Okoye while her mother’s name is Lolo Okoye, they are both devoted Anglicans.
Oge Okoye completed both her primary and secondary school education in London, United Kingdom after which she relocated to Lagos, Nigeria with her family. After completing her primary and secondary education in London, Oge Okoye attended Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka in Anambra State, Nigeria and graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Theatre Arts.
After completing her tertiary education, Oge Okoye went further and completed her one year mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC). In 2001, Oge Okoye joined the Nigeria movie industry popularly known as Nollywood and in 2002 she rose to fame after starring in the Nollywood blockbuster movie “Spanner” alongside with Chinedu Ikedieze (Aki). She is currently one of the most gifted and talented actress in Nigeria.
In 2005, she got married to her long time boyfriend Stanley Duru and the marriage is currently blessed with two beautiful kids. She has acted in more than 150 Nollywood movies which include Spanner, Black Bra, War Game, The Snake Girl, Beyond Passion, Blood Sister, Blackberry Babes, Crazy Passion, Desperate Love, Eagle’s Bride, Emotional Battle, etc.
Oge Okoye is one of the most versatile actress in Nollywood. She has the ability to fit in any role being given to her by movie directors and producers in Nigeria and can interpret her roles very well. In 2015, Oge Okoye starred at the popular television series “Hotel Majestic” where she played the role of Patricia the Chamber Maid.
The movie gave her a nomination for Best Actress in a Leading Role at the Africa Movie Academy Awards. Oge Okoye has also been listed as one of the most richest actresses in Nigeria. She charges nothing less than one million naira per movie. Oge Okoye in the cause of her acting career has won several awards which include Best Actress of the Year at the City People Entertainment Awards, Best Actress in a Leading Role at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards and Most Promising Actress in Nigeria at the Africa Movie Academy Awards. She has established herself in the Nigeria movie industry and currently one of the best paid actress in Nigeria.
Oge Okoye is very beautiful and currently one of the richest and most influential actress in Nigeria with an estimated net worth of $1 million.
More Real Facts About Oge Okoye You Probably Didn’t Know
- She was born on 16th November 1980 in London, United Kingdom. Later she moved to Lagos with her family.
- Oge completed her secondary from Enugu school, and she completed her college at Holy Rosary College.
- She earned a graduate degree in Theatre Arts from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.
- After completing her study, she joined the Nigerian film industry in 2001.
- Oge received popularity after worked in the movie “Spanner” in 2002.
- In 2005 she married her boyfriend Stanley, and they have two children.
- Oge and Stanley separated in 2012.
- After the movie “Eagle’s Bride” she was nominated African Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a supporting role.
- She was nominated Best Actress of the Year by the Nigeria Entertainment Award for the movie “Fast Town”.
- Oge is the brand ambassador of some companies like MTN Nigeria, Globacom, and MTN group.
- Some of her films names is “Handsome”, “My Command”, “Sister Mary”, “I Believe in You”, “My Desire”, “Spanner 3”, “Marry Me”, “Shock”, “War Game”, “The Snake Girl“, “Festac Town” and more.
- In 2015 she worked in a TV show, “Hotel Majestic”, where she acted as Patricia, the chambermaid. It is a Nigerian telenovela drama series written by Tunde Aladese.